So in my post-election weariness (please….please…no more………), I decided to look for something else on CNN. Imagine my joy at finding mass graves, child abduction, and aircraft disasters. It almost makes one long for politics.
But yet! Here was something decent, The 10 Worst Places to Flirt. Not bad, not bad. But too easy I think. What about the BEST places? I think those of us married types with young children need to focus on the best places, as the world of “keepin’ it fresh for ya” as my husband says can try to close in on us like shrink-wrap daily. For example, on my list right now one of the worst places would be in the bathroom with the Elmo potty seat. I’m just sayin’.
Here’s what I have — and the floor is open, do tell, the people are starving for some good news!
- While cooking – sauces are a nice touch.
- While doing yard work — I have heretofore mentioned my admiration for his carrying of heavy equipment.
- While passing in a tight hallway.
- When calling to check on what anyone needs….from the store or otherwise.
- When walking in the snow.
- When running in the rain.
- In front of your kid (literally and figuratively over his or her head).
- During a nearly unbearable social event when you need to remember you’re going home together.
- In church.
- Right after you pull up the covers.
I have a friend who talks about the idea of “catch a buzz and connect” when she needs time with her husband. You can catch that buzz with a bottle of wine, or you can just catch it by shutting out the rest of the world and being together. Sometimes we just burn old cardboard boxes in a homemade fire pit and listen to the crickets in the vast forest behind our house.
However you get it done, enjoy. Love is good and life is short.